Housing Options in Dundee - Home Scotland content
Home Scotland is a nationally based Scottish Housing Association. Set up in 1998 as the Scottish subsidiary of Home Group Ltd, we are Registered with Communities Scotland. We provide affordable, quality housing and tenant related housing and support services.
Types of Housing Available
- The Association has approximately 1200 properties across Dundee of which over 300 are new build.
- We offer a range of family, single household and sheltered accommodation as well as Shared Ownership properties.
- The accommodation is mainly 1-bedroom flatted properties however the accommodation ranges from bedsits to 5-bedroomed properties, some barrier-free or with special adaptations.
- Individual support can be offered to our tenants to assist them to maintain their tenancies through our Home Support Team.
- The Dundee Area Committee has tenant and non-tenant representatives who play an active role in monitoring and shaping our service.
- There are also a number of Registered Tenant Organisations which enable tenants to be involved in consultation and to promote local issues.
Who can apply
- Anyone over 16 years of age can join the Housing Register Sheltered housing is available for people of a pensionable age.
Where and how to apply
- Application forms are available from our office at River Court, 5 West Victoria Dock or by accessing the website where a form can be downloaded.
How applications are assessed
- Properties are allocated according to priority need using a points system.
- This takes into consideration your current housing situation, and any medical or social needs.
- Points are awarded if the current housing is below a reasonable standard
- for overcrowding
- for under-occupation
- medical or social factors or where a move will help your housing situation
- if there is insecurity of tenure, homelessness or risk of homelessness
- Rent levels for the properties will vary depending on the services offered at a development and the size of the accommodation.
Repairs and maintenance
- We provide a quality and responsive repairs service which is available through a Freephone telephone number.
- All repairs are carried out within a specified timescale according to their priority and we offer an emergency and out of hours service.
- We ensure all essential repairs are carried out before the tenancy starts and then maintain the property during the period of the tenancy.
- Any damage done to the property by the tenant/members of the household/visitors will be the responsibility of the tenant.
- The association will carry out medical adaptations based on specialist advice from an Occupational Therapist.
Right to Buy
- New tenants do not have the right to buy.
Transfers and Mutual exchanges
- If an existing tenant, it is possible to make an application to the Association for an internal transfer or for a mutual exchange with a tenant of Home Scotland or with another landlord.