Privacy Statement for ECO Flex Funding content
Who we are:
Dundee City Council is a local authority established under the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994. Its head office is located at City Square, Dundee, DD1 3BY and you can contact our Data Protection Officer by post at this address, by email at: email@example.com, and by telephone on 01382 434206.
Why do we need your personal information and what do we do with it?
You are giving us your personal information to allow us to assess your eligibility for ECO Flex funding. We collate this information and advise SSE via a signed declaration and in summary form which blocks of flats are eligible i.e. we do not send your personal details on to them. We also use your information to contact you by post, email or telephone and to maintain our records.
Legal basis for using your information:
We provide these services to you as part of our statutory function as your local authority. You can find more details of our role on our website at www.dundeecity.gov.uk/service-area/chief-executive/chief-executives-serv.... Processing your personal information is on the basis of your consent and necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest by the council, such as the achievement of EESSH (Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing) for Council tenants and the alleviation of Fuel Poverty for all householders.
If you do not provide us with the information we have asked for then we will not be able to obtain ECO Flex funding and this could mean that you and all other private householders in your block are required to make a financial contribution to the works or, at worst, the insulation work may not be able to proceed at all.
Who do we share your information with?
As stated above the only other organisation with which we share information we ask you to provide for the purposes of ECO flex eligibility is SSE and even then the information is in summary form, indicating which blocks are eligible for the funding that will allow works to proceed.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your personal information for the minimum period amount of time necessary. Sometimes this time period is set out in the law, but in most cases it is based on the business need as in the case of assessing eligibility for ECO Flex. We will only retain the information contained in your returned questionnaire until the insulation project has been completed on site (usually no more than 1 year after you have submitted it.)
Your rights under data protection law:
- Access to your information – you have the right to access the information we hold on you. There are two ways to access your data:
Subject Access Request: you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
Data Portability: you can ask us for a copy of your information so that you can re-use it and we will provide it in a machine-readable format. This is a qualified right, which means it only applies in certain circumstances and only relates to information you have given directly to us.
- Correcting your information – we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. Therefore you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
- Deletion of your information – you have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- you think that we no longer need to hold the information for the purposes for which it was originally obtained
- we are using information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent
- you have a genuine objection to our use of your personal information – see Objecting to how we may use your information below
- our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
- Withdrawing consent to use your information - Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purposes for which consent was given.
Please contact us as stated above if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
If you want any more information on how we will use their information your can visit our web site at https://dundeecity.gov.uk/service-area/chief-executive/chief-executi... or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to directly resolve all complaints about how we handle personal information. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, who can be contacted by post at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. By phone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745. Visit their website for more information at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
For more details on how we process your personal information visit www.dundeecity.gov.uk/service-area/chief-executive/chief-executives-serv...