Guidance and Advice for Food Businesses content
We believe that prevention is better than cure and that our role therefore, involves actively working with all those engaged in food activities whether in the private, public or voluntary and community sector to advise and assist with compliance.
We agree that it's not easy to set up and manage a food business. However, if you are the owner or proprietor of a business selling food you have a responsibility to produce food safely so that there is no risk to the consumer.
Whether your food business is in retail or catering, production, manufacture, the following links to guidance and information can help you produce safe food and meet your legal requirements under food law.
- General Food Law
- Advice for new Food Businesses
- Guidance for All Food Business by Sector/Business Types
- Food Safety Management System (HACCP) information
- Food Allergens and Allergen Management
- Labelling and Composition Standards
- Food Hygiene Information Scheme
Tel: 01382 433710 Option 6