Housing Benefit - Under Occupancy

If you live in a council or housing association property and claim Housing Benefit, your entitlement may be reduced if your home is considered too large for you.  The use of size criteria for under occupation is widely known as 'the bedroom tax', although it is a reduction of benefit rather than a tax we isssue bills for.