Equality and Diversity content
The Equality Act 2010 (the Act), which harmonised and replaced previous equalities legislation, came into force on 5 April 2011. The Act placed a general equality duty on public authorities to pay due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination;
- Advance equality; and
- Foster good relations across the range of protected characteristics.
The general equality duty expanded the range of those protected under equality legislation to include the following protected characteristics of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation. The equality duty also covers marriage and civil partnerships, with regard to eliminating unlawful discrimination in employment.
Download the British Sign Language (BSL) Plan (390KB PDF)
View the video
The following links provide further information on how the City Council is delivering on equality duties.
- Delivering on equality
- Mainstreaming Reports / Equality Outcomes
- Integrated Impact Assessments
- Equality and Diversity Fund
- DisabledGo / Accessibility
- Sensory Impairment E-learning Full Transcript of course
- Sensory Impairment E-learning
For further information on Dundee City Council's Equality and Diversity please contact:
Scott Mands, Equality and Diversity Co-ordinator
Tel: 01382 307482
Text: 0791 466 7358