Please note: all licensing enquiries should be directed to 01382 434444. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Procedure for Applying
- Dates of Meetings
- Current Licensing Fees - 1st April 2023
- Complaints and Objections
- Late Hours Catering Policy
- Change in circumstance form i.e change in director
Premise Applications Advert
The Council passed a resolution in 1983 that all of the optional provisions in the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 would require to be licensed and accordingly anyone who, for example, wishes to trade in the street or deal in second hand goods, must be licensed.
These activities are listed below, together with all other activities which are licensed, with the exceptions of Taxis, Betting and Gaming and Liquor Licences which can be found in their own sections on this site.
Each application from contains notes of guidance.
Important: Notes on Downloading
- You will need to uncompress downloaded files, to do this you may need Winzip or an equivalent.
- To read 'PDF' documents you may also require Adobe Reader.
- If you have the choice, and you are on a slow connection, Word documents will download faster than Adobe documents.
The Civic Miscellaneous applications are: (applying online temporarily unavailable, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused)
- Animal Boarding Licence
- Animal Welfare Establishment
- Boat Hire
- Change in circumstance form
- Cinema Licence
- Dangerous Wild Animals Licence
- Dog Breeding
- Explosives / Fireworks Licence
- Houses in Multiple Occupation Licence
- Indoor Sports Entertainment Licence
- Knife Dealers Licence
- Late Hours Catering Licence
- Market Operator Licence
- Itinerant Metal Dealer Licence
- Metal Dealer Licence
- Mini Bus Permit
- Performing Animals Registration
- Public Entertainment Licence
- Public Procession and Use of City Square
- Public Procession
- Public Charitable Collection
- Rehoming on Animals
- Riding Establishment Licence
- Second Hand Dealer Licence
- Selling Animals as Pets Licence
- Sex Shop Licence
- Skin Piercing and Tattooing
- Street Trader Licence
- Use of City Centre Areas (Any fee paid to licensing is only for processing the application you will also need to pay for the use of the land which is an additional cost)
- Use of City Centre Areas - Commercial (Any fee paid to licensing is only for processing the application you will also need to pay for the use of the land which is an additional cost)
- Venison Dealer Registration
- Window Cleaner Licence
Applying and paying online
If you want to apply and pay online you can send the application to email@example.com and any supporting information required. Once you have send the application you can then make payment online and use the correct fee.