Sound is an integral element of our existence, whether through something we find enjoyable to simple communication, it is so often an acceptable, if not essential part of our daily lives. However, there can be little doubt that unwanted noise is not and can often lead to circumstances which people find irritating and often distressing.
Officers from the Community Safety and Protection team investigate complaints of noise arising from a variety of sources involving neighbours industrial and commercial units, construction/demolition sites, burglar alarms, fans, generators as well as musical entertainment within commercial premises. Under the Antisocial Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004 we also have powers to deal with domestic noise such as loud music, TV, Do-It-Yourself, or barking dogs etc.
Further information on the following topics is available on this website.
- Noise: General
- Noise: Noise Pollution General Leaflet (255KB PDF)
- Noise: Antisocial Behaviour
- Noise: Barking dogs
- Noise: Construction/Demolition Sites/Do-It-Yourself
- Noise: Consultants
- Noise: Scottish Noise Mapping / EU Environmental Noise Directive (external site)
- Noise: Laminate Flooring leaflet (200KB PDF)
Tel: 01382 433710 Option 4