Download the Dundee MyBins App
The Dundee MyBins app is a one-stop-shop for all your waste and recycling needs. Bin collection calendars, recycling tips and advice, quick and easy access to online waste/recycling services, news and more. Visit the Dundee MyBins App webpage
Collected every week
What can I put in my food waste bin?
All cooked and uncooked food including;
- Dairy and eggshells
- Fish, meat and bones
- Fruit and vegetables (including peelings)
- Bread and cakes
- Rice, pasta and pizza
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Pet foods
- Leftovers and unpackaged out of date food
What can I not put in my food waste bin ?
- Food waste packaging including compostable items
- Put all cooked and uncooked food waste into your kitchen caddy which should be lined with a compostable liner, plastic bag or newspaper.
- When the liner is almost full, tie and remove it from the kitchen caddy and place the full liner in your communal food waste container.
Please ensure your food waste caddy is presented by 7.30am, at an agreed location on collection day and returned to your bin storage area by the end of collection day. Collections take place between 7:30am-3:30pm (Mon-Thur) and 7:30am-3pm (Friday).
Find out what happens to recycled food waste.
- You can use compostable liners, plastic bags or newspaper to line your caddy. Please do NOT use black bags.
- Use your kitchen caddy to carry your food waste to your communal container.