Information for Gypsies / Travelling People content
Dundee City Council provides a purpose built caravan park for use by gypsies/travelling people. It is located in a rural setting at Balmuir Wood, Tealing about 6 miles from Dundee just off the A90, towards Forfar.
We have 14 pitches of which there are 6 doubles for larger families who require two caravans per pitch and 8 single pitches that allow for 1 caravan per pitch. There is also a safe children's play area.
Each utility unit has been refurbished with a new kitchen and bathroom with shower. There is also room for storage.
If you are interested in renting a pitch or would like more information please contact the Liaison Officer at
Balmuir Wood Gypsy/Travellers Site, Tealing, By Dundee DD4 0QY
Tel: 07951380 112
East District Housing Office, 169 Pitkerro Road, Dundee DD4 8ES
Tel: 01382 307401
Renting a pitch
- You can rent a pitch on a long term basis or stay for only a few weeks
- You may be able to claim Housing Benefit to help with paying the rent of the pitch. The Liaison Officer can help you with filling in forms etc
- We will give you advice and information when you sign your tenancy agreement. We will explain the site rules, what we are responsible for and what you are expected to do
At Balmuir Wood Gypsy/Travellers Site
- You can get 24 hour access to the site by calling 07951380112
- Electric meters are individual pre-payment meters paid directly by the tenant
- Refuse is collected fortnightly
- Local shops/doctor are 3 miles from the site
- Local Primary School at Tealing