Demolitions - Rehousing for Council Tenants

When the Council is carrying out re-development work on its estates it sometimes demolishes properties as well as refurbishment work. Tenants involved in any demolition programme are fully consulted. The Council works with tenants to meet their needs for re-housing. When tenants have to leave their homes because of demolition, a home loss payment is made.