Decanting - Council Housing

Decanting - Council Housing container

Decanting - Council Housing content

If major works are required to Council properties, and it is decided that it is not safe for you to stay whilst they are carried out, we may ask you to move to alternative accommodation. We call this "decanting".

You may also be decanted if an emergency made your home uninhabitable e.g. fire, flood.

If you do have to decant a Housing Officer will consult with you and work with you to arrange such a move. When the work has been carried out you will be expected to return to the property you were decanted from.