Housing and Communities content
Head of Housing & Communities
- Housing Options - advice regarding homelessness issues including prevention and temporary accommodation;
- Lettings - assessment of applications for housing, allocation of properties to meet assessed housing need, management of the Common Housing Register;
- Housing Support - assessment and provision of housing support services to those in need of support to help them sustain a tenancy;
- Tenancy Management - provision of sheltered housing services, caretaking services, estates management services, permissions, tenancy management;
- Asset Management - planned and reactive maintenance service for Council housing including environmental improvements, new build Council housing, energy efficiency works, factoring service for owners of ex-Council housing, regeneration strategies;
- Adult Learning - programmes to assist with literacy and numeracy needs, family learning, digital skills/assistance regarding Welfare Reform impact;
- Community Centres - provision of a wide range of activities and events, based on a network of local community centres, in conjunction with Local Management Groups. We also support a number of local projects across the City such as Grey Lodge and Dudhope Multicultural Centre.
- Community Health Team - supporting local people to identify and address their own health needs and issues using a community development approach.
- Community Regeneration - working with communities to ensure that local residents have a voice in terms of local services and facilities, local community planning.
- Youth Work - diversionary programmes of activities across the City for young people including at the Shore which also seeks to address employability issues;