Energy Management content
The Energy Management Team carries out various duties to enable the Director of City Development to fulfil his Corporate 'client' role with regard to property asset management including carbon / energy management. The Energy Management Team prepare, implement and review policy and procedures to ensure best practice property asset management is adhered to.
The Energy Management team's duties include:
- Technical and professional competency necessary for implementation of "Best Value" service provision and identification of improvements.
- Compliance auditing, performance monitoring & targeting at all levels of the property management process, maintenance and utilization of records.
- Advice on procurement, budget setting, monitoring and targeting and predictions for periodic expenditure.
- Verification and payment of gas, electricity, oil and water of utility suppliers invoices.
- Management and control of the City Council's energy management systems to ensure optimum performance.
- Audits and reports identifying how energy is used on site, and providing recommendations on financially viable reduction schemes.
- Energy management and advice to all City Council energy users.
- Energy design advice on new build and refurbishment works in liaison with other City Council departments.
- Energy budget setting, monitoring and targeting of gas, electricity, oil and water, with predictions of end of year spends.
- Investigating, advice & promotion of greenhouse gas reduction initiatives (e.g. renewable energy).
- Promotion of partnership initiatives with other local authorities and NHS Trusts on energy-related matters, including energy purchasing and pilot energy efficiency schemes.