The Energy Management Team carries out various duties to enable the Director of City Development to fulfil his Corporate 'client' role with regard to property asset management including carbon / energy management. The Energy Management Team prepare, implement and review policy and procedures to ensure best practice property asset management is adhered to.
The Energy Management team's duties include:
- Technical and professional competency necessary for implementation of "Best Value" service provision and identification of improvements.
- Compliance auditing, performance monitoring & targeting at all levels of the property management process, maintenance and utilization of records.
- Advice on procurement, budget setting, monitoring and targeting and predictions for periodic expenditure.
- Verification and payment of gas, electricity, oil and water of utility suppliers invoices.
- Management and control of the City Council's energy management systems to ensure optimum performance.
- Audits and reports identifying how energy is used on site, and providing recommendations on financially viable reduction schemes.
- Energy management and advice to all City Council energy users.
- Energy design advice on new build and refurbishment works in liaison with other City Council departments.
- Energy budget setting, monitoring and targeting of gas, electricity, oil and water, with predictions of end of year spends.
- Investigating, advice & promotion of greenhouse gas reduction initiatives (e.g. renewable energy).
- Promotion of partnership initiatives with other local authorities and NHS Trusts on energy-related matters, including energy purchasing and pilot energy efficiency schemes.