Street traders advice

Street traders advice Image

CITY LICENSING chiefs have called on street traders to make sure they have the proper paperwork in place before starting work.

Dundee City Council is set to contact street traders across the city to ensure that they have a valid license.

Stewart Hunter convener of Dundee City Council’s licensing committee said: “You need a license if you are going to trade in a public place, which includes things like wheelie bin cleaning, car valeting, or selling any kind of produce from a van.

“You can apply and pay for a license online through the council website, where there is also a lot of useful information about street trader licenses.”

In addition street traders dealing in wheeled bin cleaning must apply to SEPA for registration as a waste carrier and contact Scottish Water to agree disposal arrangements for water.

“It is important that streets traders are licensed for their own protection, as well as for customers and for the environment.

“Anyone who needs more information can give the office a call on 01382 434444.”

Pupils get down to work at £16 million Coldside Campus

 The new 16 million Coldside Campus  has opened its doors for pupils. Our Lady?s Primary,...


Environmental Improvements to take place across the city

 MORE than 261,000 of planned improvements to open spaces across Dundee could get underway in the...