At getyournec.scot you can:
- Apply for a new card
- Request a replacement card if your card has been lost, stolen or damaged
- Renew an expired / expiring card
- Update your details or photograph
Please find a step-by-step instruction on how to apply for a NEC through getyournec.scot:
- How to apply for Young Persons’ Free Bus Travel on behalf of your child
- How to apply for Young Persons’ Free Bus Travel on behalf of your child under 16 who already has a card
- How to apply for Young Persons' Free Bus Travel if you’re over 16
- How to apply for 60+ concessionary travel
- How to apply for disabled concessionary travel
Through the application process you will be asked to provide proofs to confirm your identity and address.
Please note that if you have applied online it may take a few weeks for your application to be processed. You can track the progress of your application at getyournec.scot, using the 'Your NEC' button.
Once it has been approved, your card will be delivered to your home address within 3 to 5 working days.
Other ways to apply
Young people who are currently aged 16 or over and already have an active NEC or Young Scot NEC can add free bus travel to their existing cards using the Transport Scot Pass Collect app. Instructions of how to download and use the app are available on the Transport Scotland website.
Young people under 16 years old who want to apply for the Younger Persons Free Bus Travel Scheme and cannot apply online can collect and fill an application form from their schools. A parental approval will be needed for the free bus travel to be enabled to the card.
If you are in any doubt or need help applying for your NEC assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01382 433267.
If you are a BSL user please visit ContactScotland to connect to an online interpreter using the Video Relay Service (VRS).
NCT002 Mental Health Certificates and NCT003 Epilepsy Certificates for the national travel concession are available to download for completion by authorised persons and should be submitted with the rest of your proofs.