How Can We Help You?
Rate this page/information Rate as Good   Rate as Average   Rate as Poor

Home Contents Insurance

Dundee City Council is responsible for the insurance of the building, fixtures, fittings and any furniture provided by us as part of the tenancy agreement.

Tenants are strongly recommended to take out household contents insurance to protect their belongings from loss or damage.

The council makes it easy for you to insure your belongings under a Home Contents Insurance scheme and you can pay the premiums along with your rent. The insurance is arranged with an independent insurance company and is available only to council tenants. The insurance scheme is not just for new tenants, all tenants can join at any time during their tenancy.

If you would like more information about joining the scheme, please download:

Policy information leaflets and forms are also available from either housing office.