If I apply for a disabled parking bay, how long will it take to be marked and enforceable?
From the time your application in received, there is an obligation to begin the statutory process within 6 months. The TRO takes approximately 9-12 months from the beginning of the statutory process.
Applications are dealt with on a first come, first serve basis. Our contractor is then sent the request for works bi-annually and the work will be carried out in due course. The disabled parking bay will remain unenforceable until the signing, lining and Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) is in place.
There is damage to sign/post/lining which will require maintenance work to be carried out (i.e. lines required to be refreshed). Who do I need to contact?
365 Clepington Road
Dundee DD3 8DZ
Tel: 01382 834123
There is a vehicle parked in a bay which is not displaying a Blue Badge. Who do I need to contact?
Please contact our Parking Office on: 01382 432095
What are The Councils’ responsibilities?
- Identify all on-street and off-street disabled parking bays in its area
- Make all identified disabled parking bays enforceable
- Keep all disabled parking bays under review
- Annually report to The Scottish Government with findings
- Contact private car park owners every two years to request enforcement
- Contact new developments to request enforcement
What are the duties of privately operated car parks?
- Contact us to inform us if they wish The Council to enforce their disabled parking bays
- To arrange signing and lining within their car parks to comply with Traffic Signs and General Directions 2002 specifications if enforcement is requested
- To contact us when the additional signing and lining work is complete.
I have an additional query. Who should I contact?
Any additional queries should be sent to:
Head of Transportation
Floor 5, Dundee House
50 North Lindsay Street
Dundee DD1 1LS Map