To ensure that you have equal and open access to our homeless services.
- Provide a 24 hour, 7 day a week service for advice and assistance for you if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness within the next two months.
- Offer you an interview (with an officer of the same sex if requested) within 3 working days.
- Arrange a translation service for you if English is not your first language.
- Listen to you with empathy, sympathy, understanding and be non-judgemental.
- Have up to date information on outside agencies that can offer financial or legal advice, or support or care packages that may help you sustain your tenancy.
- Maintain contact with you and keep you advised of the progress of your homeless application.
- Complete investigations within 28 days of your application.
If we have to place you in temporary accommodation we will make sure that:
- If you are 'roofless', arrange suitable temporary accommodation for you and provide transport to that accommodation, if necessary.
- It is of a suitable size and is in a reasonable and clean condition.
- We only use B&B accommodation for families in an emergency.
If you are unhappy with a decision that we make you can ask for a review of the decision:
- Requests should be made in writing within 21 days.
- You can do this yourself or get a friend or advice agency to help you.
- We will notify you of the final decision, in writing within 7 days.