More Environmental Improvements around Dundee14/11/19
More than £565,000 of planned improvements to open spaces across Dundee could get underway in the next few weeks.
Councillors will be asked to approve the programme which includes playpark improvements, tree planting and open space improvement works.
The improvement and enhancement projects include:
- Green Flag park improvements – improved sight lines at 23 parks or green spaces, additional seating, new shrub planting, litter bins, and replacement fencing.
- City-wide tree planting – over 150 trees will be planted at sites including Drumgeith Road, South Road Park, and Sandeman Street.
- City-wide open space enhancements – new plantings & renewal of shrub areas and tree plantations, signage, litter bins and benches.
- Lochee Ward environmental improvements – tree planting, benches, noticeboards, new green gym equipment and new planters.
- Kingsway East/Mid-Craigie improvements – tree planting, shrubs and replacement fencing.
- Balgowan Avenue play improvements – refurbishment of landscaping and play improvements.
Neighbourhood Services Convener Councillor Anne Rendall, said: “It’s great to see further investment put into Dundee’s outdoor community areas.
“It’s important we look after our parks and open spaces. This next programme of environmental improvements will ensure we keep Dundee looking attractive and accessible for everyone.”
The Neighbourhood Services Committee will consider the environmental improvements at its meeting on Monday (18th November).