Taking part in activities that promote positive physical and mental health are some of the best steps you can take to feel good about yourself and improve your wellbeing. It's even better if you can join in activities with other people and make it a social occasion at the same time.
Dundee Healthy Living Initiative:
Find out about free or low cost, fun activities in your area. Opportunities include cooking skills, walking groups, relaxation sessions, smoking cessation and weight management.
Gardens, Parks and Open Spaces:
Information on how to enjoy Dundee's green space. Why not take a walk, participate in conservation activities or think about getting an allotment to grow your own fruit and veg.
Leisure and Sport:
Find out about what's going on at sports centres and leisure facilities.
Ancrum Outdoor Centre
Ancrum Outdoor Centre in Dundee is a lively activity centre providing adventure fun for everyone! Visit www.ancrum.com for full details of the activities, courses and services on offer.
Directory of Local Organisations:
Taking part in any activity, learning new things, being sociable, creative and feeling part of something are all important to wellbeing. Access the definitive guide to what's going on in Dundee and find out more ...
Information about NHS services such as GP surgeries, pharmacies and hospitals; information about other services to promote health and prevent ill health.
- Accident Prevention
- Chemists, Doctors and Health Centres
- First Aid - St Andrews
- Mental Health Officer Service
- NHS 24 - health advice and information
- NHS Tayside
- Occupational Therapy
Caring for Someone
Information about looking after children, older people, vulnerable adults, and people who are ill.
- Action for Sick Children Scotland
- Care - at home
- Care Homes
- Carers Support Project (Penumbra)
- Dundee Carers' Centre
- Emergency Social Work Out of Hours Service
- Homes - residential
- Independent Living Advice
- Information for Parents
- Keep Well Health Checks for Carers
- Parent Information
- Protecting adults in Dundee from harm
- Tayside Carers' Support Project
Alcohol and Drugs
Enjoying alcohol safety
Substance Misuse and Specialist Services
- Addaction Dundee Direct Access Service
- Axis Forward Project
- Cair Scotland, the Cairn Centre
- Dundee Carer's Centre
- Dundee Substance Forum
- ECLIPS, the Cairn Centre
- Jericho House
- Key 2 Change
- Know the Score
- Tayside Council on Alcohol
- Tayside Substance Misuse Service
- WEB Project
Tackling Drug Related Litter
Information about a range of long term conditions.
- The Drug, Alcohol and BBV Social Work Team
- Community Nursing Services (HIV) Tayside
- CHOICE Project
- HIV and Hep C Carers' Support Group
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research Institute
- Alzheimer Scotland
- Asthma UK Scotland
- Arthritis Care
- Headway - The Brain Injury Association
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health