Dundee Health and Social Care Partnership are working with Dundee Voluntary Action to ascertain if transport solutions can be created to help people do what they want to do. It is acknowledged that there is a gap in transport for people who do not drive and are not able to access public transport. A consultation exercise is being undertaken, with a transport focus, to ask citizens of Dundee what it is that is preventing them getting out and attending the activities they want – in short doing the things they want to do.
We are interested mainly in the elderly, disabled, frail and vulnerable in order to reduce isolation for the people who can't get out. We would like to develop new transport options and so want to know transport wise, What stops you getting out?
We are holding drop ins and door knocking on the following dates as we are keen that neighbourhoods know to expect us.
Community Door Knocking and Drop In Sessions
- 13th September, 10am – 12noon - Drop In – Dryburgh Sheltered Housing Complex, Langshaw Road
- 14th September, 10am – 12noon – Drop In - Alpin/Glenesk Sheltered Housing Complex, Glenesk Avenue
- 15th September 10am – 12noon – Door Knocking - Naughton Place Sheltered Housing area
- 18th September – 10am – 12noon – Drop in – Fleming Gardens Sheltered Housing Complex, Hindmarsh Avenue
- 21st September - 10am – 12noon – Drop In - Craigiebank Sheltered Housing Complex, Balgavies Avenue
- 22nd September – 10am – 12noon – Door Knocking - Woodside area
- 3rd October – 2pm – 4pm – Drop In - Logie Sheltered Housing Complex, Lime Street
- 4th October – 10am – 12noon – Drop In - Mill O’ Mains Sheltered Housing Complex, Foula Terrace
We will also be running two focus groups in Dundee Voluntary Action, Number Ten, 10 Constitution Road, Dundee on:
- Thursday 14th September - 2pm - 4pm and Friday 22nd September at 2pm – 4pm. Places are limited, so please advise if you wish to attend. Transport can be provided if necessary.