The Transformation and Performance Service:
- leads the development of the Council Plan
- ensures the Council meets its performance reporting duties as well as securing best value
- ensures that processes and resources are in place to support continuous improvement, using the Public Sector Improvement Framework, STEP, Design Academies, etc
- is responsible for the Council's transformational change programme i.e. 'Changing For The Future' programme, currently in Phase 4
- provides a Members Support service, including the full range of secretarial services for councillors.
National Entitlement Card:Programme Office is also within this service. Dundee City Council is the lead council for the development of the Scottish National Entitlement Card (NEC) Programme. The NEC Programme Office team work from Dundee City Council with the Scottish Government, all 32 local Councils as well as organisations such as Young Scot, the Registrar General; and Transport Scotland in the development of a single card using smartcard technology that will provide the public with an easy way to access services.